Monday, April 8, 2013

Something Different

Hey everyone, I hope everyone had a great weekend. So I was really inspired by the girls that do Marvelous Mondays (Goodbye HollywoodFat Fashionable FeministCheri'z Angel and style luvin, and two other girls) I love the concept that they have to dress up on Monday's to make the day less of a hated day. If you haven't checked them out, click the links and check them out! :)  But yeah their theme last week was to wear something that they have trouble styling. I thought this was such a great thing because I have a number of pieces in my closet that I have trouble styling.  

One of the most challenging pieces in my closet is this kimono style jacket from H&M. I bought this 2 years ago and I have only worn it once, I bought it for a friends wedding because when I saw it I loved the colors and I was happy something from H&M fit me because it's kinda rare I find things that fit me. But yeah I wore it as a jacket for my friends wedding but i actually didn't even like the way it looked but I had no choice because it was the only jacket I brought to the wedding, so the only reason why I wore it was because I had no choice. So I thought of exactly this jacket in my closet when I saw what the girls theme last Monday. 

 

So this is how I styled the jacket, really simple with some forever 21+ jeans and a black tank from old navy. I wore it with my boots that I got from the swap meet and a mixture of jewelry that I've gotten from different places. I'm not sure if I really like the way it came out but I think its ok. 


Here's a closer look of my jewelry, the watch is from Target and the bracelets are from different stores I'm not too sure about. I was having a bad hair day and my go to accessory for my hair is a headband, if you saw my old blog I was obsessed with headbands, and a lot of the headbands I own I have made including this one. 


The last picture is my doggy Mocha and me, I think she was getting jealous and wanted to be in the pictures so i decided to let her be in one! :)

Have a wonderful day ~ Nina ~ 

8 comments :

  1. Awe thanks for the mention. It's a cute kimono, I like the look. I would also try to put it with a neutral colored dress and put a belt over the kimono, that would probably look super cute too. Your dog is adorable, what breed is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, I love your marvelous Mondays! I will defiantly try it with a belt and a dress. :) And my dog is a yorkie.

      Delete
  2. I love the kimono! The way you styled it is great. I would also do some black skinny or silky pajama pants style pants, a simple black tank and lots of jewelry for a dressier look.
    For a more casual look - maybe some jean shorts, wedge boots, flowy gauze-type top and lots of bracelets, similar to what you did here.

    Cassie
    http://stylecassentials.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cassie for the suggestions, those sound great, I will defiantly try some of them out. :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Nina! I saw your comment on my blog and decided to check yours! :) It's so nice to see fellow plus sized fashionistas who arent scared of dressing up too! But you're lucky you're in the States, there are more choices there! Can't wait to read your future entries :)

    Farrah
    www.thestylereactor.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Farrah, thanks for stopping by! But yeah I totally know how it feels like to not be able to find plus-size clothing in the Philippines, when I lived there it was so hard for me to find clothes. But yeah power to plus-sized fashionistas! :)

      Delete
  4. Such a cute outfit! I really love your accessories, especially that watch, so great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...