Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Curves Around the World: Girly Girl

Hello Friends!!!
How is everyone doing? It's been such a gloomy day here in SoCal but it's so humid. Hows the weather where you are? Well today's Curves challenge is girly girl and when I think of girly girl I picture pink, ruffles and bows. So that's what I tried to do with my outfit today. 
When I think of girly girl, those words kind of fit me because growing up I used to think of myself as a girly girl. I love wearing skirts and dresses and I wear them on daily basis. Growing up I couldn't really find clothes that really fit me so my mom usually made me skirts and they were the one thing that I loved wearing and was just comfortable in. I think it's because they made me feel girly because all I used to wear were jeans and t-shirts. 
So of coarse today when I was thinking of what to wear I wanted to wear a skirt because it reminded me of when I was younger and would wear skirts. Plus it was pretty warm today and I wanted something light I could wear and keep me cool today. 
[Skirt:Target] [Top:FashionQ] [Shoes:Forever 21] [Earrings:Kate Spade]
So when I looked through my closet I saw this pink ruffled tropical print skirt that I thought would be great because ruffles were something that I thought of when I found out the theme was girly. The fabric is really light and flowy which is great when it's hot outside. 

So one thing I think of when I think of girly are bows so I decided to wear my little bow studs to give me more of a girly touch. I believe jewelry can add perfect little touches to any outfit. 
I really love how chambray shirts look with skirts but it's way too hot to wear a long sleeve one so this sleeveless one works for the summer. If your like me and love the way button ups but you can't wear them you should look into getting sleeveless versions of them.
Do you think of yourself as a girly girl? What kind of clothes do you think of when you hear girly girl? 
Thanks for reading! Don't forget to check out the other ladies! 


Aislynn from Denmark - Aislynn's World
Kate from Australia - Sparkles and Lace
Thulie from South Africa - Thick Fit and Fabulous 
Olivia from Singapore - Curves Become Her
Jennifer from Germany - Dressing These Curves
Liz from Nashville, USA - With Wonder and Whimsy
Stephanie from Germany Dress it Curvy
Melissa from Northern California, USA - It's Melicious 

XOXO ~ Nina ~
{Don't forget to Follow}

10 comments :

  1. lovely skirt dear. Love the denim top too. the bow earrings is a steal love it. new post on my blog hope you could check it too =) http://anotsosecretlife2011.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girly girl Nins! especially the bow earrings it's so cute... Thank you for the recent visit dear, I appreciate that you always remember my blog even sometimes I am not on the surface of blogger.. haha..

    love u,
    Cassie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch Cassie and of coarse, I adore your style so I love to check and see what your up to! :)

      Delete
  3. love that skirt on you. gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is darling! Have you worn this skirt before, because I know I've seen it on someone before and I remember LOVING it?! Love the combo of the flouncy ruffled skirt and the denim. I know you were struggling with ways to style your tulle skirt. I think you take a similar approach to what you did here. Balance the feminine skirt with more rugged touches like denim or chambray.

    I think those bow earrings are the cutest, too! Dainty but still a noticeable special touch!

    <3 Liz
    www.withwonderandwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz and yes I have worn this on my blog before but I styled it a little different. But yeah I did have a hard time trying to style this skirt just like my tulle skirt but I think your right and try to pair it with something more rugged, thanks! :)

      Delete
  5. I am part girly girl and love me a good floral! This skirt is so cute on you. This weather here in So Cal has been so strange and sometimes have to be in a sundress for the morning and then late afternoon I have to add a jacket or sweater.

    Janeane
    Designing From My Closet
    www.designingfrommycloset.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I agree SoCal weather can be so weird sometimes and change throughout the day, but that's also the beauty of SoCal too. But yeah thanks I'm glad you liked the skirt! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...