Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Taking the jump...Online Shopping...

Hello Gorgeous Friends!!!
I hope everyone is having a great January so far. So today I'm showing you two items that I bought online recently. I'm not a big fan of online shopping but sometimes they have some deals you just can't resist. I just purchased the top and the boots online, just click read more to check out how my experience was buying them. 
So on ebay I like looking at plus size tops and a lot of the tops that come up are from Asian countries which gets me really scared because I know the sizing is really different. When I lived in the Philippines I never really bought any clothes because I could never fit in their sizes. But when I saw this top I fell in love with it and it was only $10 so I had to get it. I loved the cape like top and the color was gorgeous. The color was different from the pictures, it was more a darker wine red but I still really like the red color of the top. 
(Top:Ebay) (Skirt:H&M) (Boots:Wet Seal+) (Bag:Target) 
The sizes are what were difficult for me because I wasn't sure if I should trust the size chart, the size chart said I should be a 3X but I had a feeling they ran small so I got a 4X. The top fits pretty well except for the fact that it opens around the bust area. But I always seem to have that problem with button ups. I usually put safety pins to keep the shirt from opening, and you can see that’s what I did with this shirt. Does anyone know any other ways to keep your shirt closed? 
So for the boots I bought them from Wet Seal plus, I have never bought shoes online because I like to try them on. But they were on sale and I figure if they didn’t fit I could always return them to the store. They didn’t sell them at the Wet Seal near my house. So I decided to buy them and give them a try and I was so glad I did because they fit great. If you follow me on Instagram you might have seen that I was looking for boots but I had problems with my calf because some wide calf boots still don’t fit me. But I was so happy when they fit because I’ve wanted knee high boots. By the way have you heard about what happened to wet seal? They shut down 60% of their stores, it’s pretty sad because I just started liking their plus size line. 
Thanks for reading everyone! By the way I just created a Facebook page and I would love if you liked it. (here) If you have a facebook page too, just leave the link and I'll follow too! :) 

XOXO ~ Nina ~
{Don't forget to Follow}

15 comments :

  1. Nina-I am a newbie to online shopping too. I have to say I still prefer in store shopping but most of the time the selection is not there. As far as button ups, I use fashion tape or in some cases I actually button the shirt off of me then sew it closed with a matching thread. This only works if it is the type of shirt/fabric that I can slip on over head.

    Those boots are really cool! They look great on you. I like your whole look. I really like this post because I think a lot of plus size women deal with the frustrations of online shopping.

    Janeane
    www.designingfrommycloset.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janeane, I agree with you, I still prefer to shop in store but there are so many more options online. Thanks for the suggestions, I tried the tape before but it never keeps put, I'll have to try to the sewing on on some of my looser tops! :)

      Delete
  2. This shirt is the cutest! I love the cape-like sleeves. I have a dress with similar sleeves from Anthropologie. It feels flouncy and fluttery and fun! I'm always hesitant to order online, particularly from unfamiliar companies. Blogging has been great for that because I've gotten to review products for companies and get a sense of their quality and sizing. I hear about more and more people ordering from eBay and Amazon. I wonder if I'm missing out and should start browsing around on their sites?

    I was also really disappointed to hear about Wet Seal. DEB is struggling, too. And Body Central. So clearly it's not just a plus size issue, but when plus size retailers are so few to begin with, it's upsetting when the existing ones aren't succeeding. I prefer to shop in-store, but I wonder if I'm in the minority? I like to browse around online and get a sense of what I'd like to try on, but I rarely order online.

    Anyways - such a cute, spunky look!

    <3 Liz
    www.withwonderandwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz, I love the sleeves they are so fun, I just how flowy it is. I feel the same way about ordering online but I couldn't resist this top and it's price. They have some cute things online but the sizing is just so bad.

      Yes I know it's upsetting to hear about a plus size brand that goes down because there are so few of them that it's hard to see when one is struggling. You are definitely not the minority in perfering in-store shopping because I love going shopping. I like going into stores and seeing whats out there, even though most of the times they don't fit me but it's always great inspiration.

      Delete
  3. I'm not a fan of online shopping either; I hope I score some deals one day that are greater than the ones I can find in person! Totally cute look Nina!
    InMyJoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joi and yeah you never know, that's why even though I don't like shopping online, I'm always searching for deals anyways just to see what's out there. :)

      Delete
  4. This outfit is really cute, you look great! I follow with great pleasure, if you like passing from my blog. ^ ___ ^

    www.ilcoloratomondoditerri.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  5. i need to try wet seal for their boots. i have huge calves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, they have a quite a few wide calf boots! :)

      Delete
  6. This outfit is so fun and flirty, but sophisticated. I love the cape sleeves! It is such a unique design I rarely see. The red color is gorgeous with your skin tone and I think you styled it just perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Hailey! The cape sleeves are really different for me and I really like them.

      Delete
  7. Such a cute look!! Love the top, it's definitely a different look than you normally see and the color is really pretty.

    I almost exclusively shop online nowadays, but I understand what you're saying about not knowing what size you'll need. It's really hard to decide sometimes even when you know your own measurements well.

    LOVE the boots!!


    Cassie
    http://stylecassentials.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cassie, I really like how the top is different too. But yeah I'm trying to get into shopping online and yes that is exactly my problem especially when I don't know the company.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...