Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Keeping warm with a Blanket...

Hey Lovely Friends!
I hope everyone is doing great, this month is coming and going way to fast. So I know you might be wondering where are my "Curves Around the World" posts are, well we are reorganizing the group and looking looking for new members so if your interested just contact any of us. But yes today's post is about the blanket scarf. 
So the first time I heard of the blanket scarf it was from the blog "Style me Curvy" and I was intrigued by it because most of my scarfs are thin and light because I live in California we use scarf's more like accessories. But I was really interested at the idea of a blanket scarf, so when I saw them on sale at Cotton on I knew I had to get one. 
One way to wear the blanket scarf is to belt it, and I really like this way of wearing it. I have to say that the scarf is pretty warm and it kept me warm during the chilly day. Now I know that it might not work for other places where it's a lot colder this time of year, but it's pretty perfect for chilly California days. 
(Scarf-Cotton On) (Top&Skirt-Forever 21+) (Boots-Ross) 
Since I was taking pictures, I decided to play around with other ways to wear it and I wore it like a regular scarf and tied it around my neck in the picture above. In the picture below I wore it like a shall just around my shoulders. 
Thanks for reading! Have you ever heard of a Blanket Scarf before? If you have, how do you like to wear it? 

XOXO ~ Nina ~
{Don't forget to Follow}

12 comments :

  1. I love the scarf on you, and the whole look! Did you add red to your hair? It looks great too!
    It's great that you can wear the scarf as outerwear...it's been very mild here lately, but I"m still jealous! :-)

    P.S. I'd love to be part of Curves Around the World!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cassie, yes I dyed my hair a plum color hoping it would be more purple but it reads more red.

      Delete
  2. I like how you styled this blanket scarf-bravo!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joi, I'm glad you liked the way I styled it! :)

      Delete
  3. i thought you were wearing a kimono nina, its actually really cool how you styled it. it looks very bad ass :) btw belated happy new year <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks shayne, I didn't even think it looked like that until you mentioned it. And belated Happy New Year to you too! :)

      Delete
  4. Love this cozy, wintry look! Looks way too chilly and gray to be California! I haven't bought a blanket scarf, but I have a lot of giant scarves from years past that I should be able to style in similar ways. I wear scarves like that too because I don't like wrapping things around my neck. I have such a short one as it is, I just ended up looking like a turtle.

    This look is perfectly chic and lovely. The black and red is such a classic combo, and the gray makes it look so frosty and wintry!

    I know Curves Around the World is for ladies across the globe, but I'd love to participate to represent the south if you'd like any other US participants!

    <3 Liz
    www.withwonderandwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz and you would be surprised it was chilly and gray the day I took the photos.

      Delete
  5. i love that series. hope you get new participants soon. in the meantime i love this blanket scarf. I'm obsessed with them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elle, and aren't blanket scarfs so fun! :)

      Delete
  6. I never tried wearing a blanket scarf but it seems very stylish to wear and very warm too!

    Cassie Thriftier

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's really warm, you could wear one in the office when it's cold for extra warmth! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...