Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Curves Around the World: Crazy About Prints

Hello Friends!
So I'm still doing catch up on the blog, so this is another back blog from the "Curves Around the World" themes and today's theme crazy for prints is because we are loving all the print styles that are in style for fall from floral to animal print but I have admit one of my favorites is checkered or plaid. It's not something new for fall but I'm loving the new checkered prints, so that is the print I decided to choose for today's post. 
Since the theme is crazy about prints I thought why not make an outfit with mixed prints and do print on print. So when I thought of which print to use I decided to choose one of my favorite fall prints which is checkered. I chose a black and white checkered print top with another type of checkered print gingham skirt. 
{Top-Old Navy} {Skirt-Made by Mom} {Shoes-Ross}
It still isn't fall weather here in California and we just finished another heat wave that we were in triple digit temperatures, so this is my way of trying to transition into fall but still stay cool at the same time. My favorite thing about fall and winter are boots, most of the shoes in my closet are boots so I decided to put a pair on for the outfit. 
{Necklace-H&M}
I wanted to add a little color to my outfit so I added a statement necklace that has a little pop of color to it. 
I know I've already said that checkered print was one of my favorite fall trends, but which fall trend is your favorite? Or which trend are you looking forward to this fall? 
Thanks for reading! Please check out the other ladies from "Curves Around the World" and show them some love. 



Aislynn from Denmark - Aislynn's World
Kate from Australia - Sparkles and Lace
Helen from England - Everyone Should Sparkle
Thulie from South Africa - Thick Fit and Fabulous 
Olivia from Singapore - Curves Become Her
Jennifer from Germany - Dressing These Curves

XOXO ~ Nina ~
{Don't forget to Follow}

6 comments :

  1. there's no way i could rock mixed prints! good for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elle, but I think you could if you wanted to, it's all about confidence. :)

      Delete
  2. Nina! These look like catalog shots for Forever21+ or WetSeal+! It's so hip, with that perfect balance of femininity and edge. I've noticed a lot of the checkered print, too. I feel like it's a throwback to 90's grunge culture, but these pieces seem so much more approachable than the 90's styles I remember. The colorful statement necklace and booties are such great accent pieces, too. I think I've steered clear from checkered prints, flannels, and anything that reminds me too much of 90's grunge culture. I just don't identify with it, and I'm usually drawn to more feminine pieces anyways. But this look feels really approachable to me, and I find it really pretty. I feel like you've shown me a way to make this trend work for me. So cute!

    <3 Liz
    www.withwonderandwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thanks Liz, I'm glad you like the outfit. I feel like you can make anything into your own style and with checkered you could totally mix it up and make them girly and feminine. :)

      Delete
  3. I wouldn't think I would like this mix of plaids, but I think it's really cute. The necklace helps pull the look together, and I really love the green on your skirt.

    Cassie
    http://stylecassentials.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...