Monday, May 6, 2013

Colorful Tribal Print

Happy Monday Everyone, I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend! I have a great and busy weekend. The weather here in California is so crazy, this weekend it was in the 100's and right now its so gloomy and it's raining outside. 

This is the outfit I wore to my friends baby shower on Saturday. It was really hot outside, like I said it was in the 100's where I lived but I knew where I was going it might be a little cooler. So I wore this kinda like tribal print dress. I really like this dress because it's colorful and I love the design on it as well. My only problem with this dress is it had buttons going down the whole dress and the buttons were popping out in some area's so I put small safety pins in the area's I was afraid might pop open. I learned that from one of the bloggers that I follow and I think it worked great, I had no problems with my dress that day. :) 

{dress | Target} {sweater | Forever 21} {shoes | Aldo} {bracelets | Multiple places} 


I really wanted to wear sandals with the dress but I'm still on a hunt for a great summer sandal that I can wear with everything. So I decided to pair my black oxfords with the dress. I love this shoes because they are so comfortable. These were actually my school shoes when I went to school in the Philippines. See I had to buy black flats and the sizes in the Philippines didn't fit me because I have wide feet and there sizes run really small, I know you can't really tell in the photo's though but my feet are big. So I went to so many different places in search for school shoes but nothing fit. So I decided to go to a brand that had American sizes that I knew would fit me and that was Aldo, and I fell in love with these oxfords when I saw them. I haven't really worn them since I got back from the Philippines, so I'm really starting to love them again! 


Oh and this yellow sweater is from forever 21 not forever 21+, I got it awhile ago and before honestly I hated going to forever 21 because clothes never fit me but I would go with my mom because yeah she wears clothes from forever 21. At the time I was looking for something to wear with a dress for an occasion and I would have never thought to look at forever 21 because back then they didn't have the faith line or the forever 21+ line at the store near me. But while my mom was browsing she store she found this sweater and said it looked like it would fit me and at first I didn't want to try it on because I thought oh it wont fit me. But my mom convinced me to just try it on and I was so surprised that it fit. It just goes to show that you can't let sizes intimidate you, just try things on and you never know it might fit you. :) 

Have a wonderful day everyone! ~ Nina ~

{Follow Me}

18 comments :

  1. Lovelyy dress bella, I follow you now back hope we speak us soon. Love and have an amazing night
    xjes
    www.supongoestilo.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic dress! I love the print and the colours.
    The weather in my corner of California being absurd, and lately it's been a little chilly. I am not impressed with spring thus far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah, and yeah it is currently pouring outside, this weather is so weird. hehe :)

      Delete
  3. This dress is the shit! You look awesome!
    http://cherizangelandstyleluvin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. The color combo is really cute - perfect for summer! Yeah, F21 has really random sizing :\ They really need to work on their quality control...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and yeah but hey it is fast fashion. hehe

      Delete
  5. I think wearing oxfords was a great idea, I find taht sandals often end up causing the bottom of my feet to hurt. Loving the color combo you chose, very cute!

    http://www.9to5dropout.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yeah my oxfords are very comfortable, I'm glad I wore them! :)

      Delete
  6. I love the tribal print dress! So vibrant and pretty! You're definitely right about sizes - I can wear such a range of sizes, depending on the store, the item, etc.

    Cassie
    http://stylecassentials.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cassie and yeah you should always try things on because sizes really vary.

      Delete
  7. Loving this outfit!
    The dress looks amazing on you
    Have a great day
    Lots of love
    Kate xo

    www.and-kate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! Those colours look gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...