Tuesday, June 14, 2016

New Store: Lovesick

Hey Lovelies!
Have you heard of the new plus size brand Lovesick? It's a sister brand to Torrid and Hot topic. I heard about them recently and I found out their was a store near me so I went this past weekend to check it out. In today's post I'm sharing with you a little about the brand, what I got and my experience. 
So like I said above Lovesick is a sister brand to Torrid and Hot topic. They are a plus size brand that offer on trend clothing in sizes 10 - 26  and  they go up to a 5x in a lot of styles. They offer boho style clothing as well as basics like graphic tees and jeans. 
There sizing is the same as torrid that they go from a 00=M/L to to a 5=5X. I usually wear a size 1X and so I'm a size 1 at the store and I tried a few items in a 1 and they all seemed to fit me well. 
One thing that I find interesting about Lovesick is they are part of "Because I'm a girl" project that provides tuition, uniforms and supplies to girls in developing countries. Lovesick with donate 1% of sales between April 2016 to June 2017 with a guaranteed maximum donation of $100,000. The also offer customers to round up from their purchase and all of that money goes towards the cause with no limit. I think that it's great to see a brand give back and I think it's great how they are empowering women all over the world.
Sorry about the pictures not being the best quality these were taken with my phone. 
So one thing I thought was really cute was when you try on clothes they write your name on a little chalkboard outside of the dressing room. This is such a cute little touch and made me feel special in the store. Also in the dressing room they had #loveyourselfie sticker on mirror, I took a few picture but unfortunately they all came out really blurry. 
Now what did I get from Lovesick? I got this cute cold shoulder top in a beautiful pink color. So the cold shoulder trend has been around for awhile but I don't own one until I saw this one and I thought it was cute and I know that it's going to be something that I will wear a lot this summer. They had this top in white as well but I chose the pink one because I'm still trying to incorporate more color into my wardrobe, so when I have a choice other then black and white I try to get that one.  
[Top: Lovesick] [Skirt: Forever 21+] [Shoes: Old Navy] 
The top is so flowy so I wanted to pair it with something form fitting so I ended up pairing it this this crocheted/lace type skirt that I just recently (here). I really like how the skirt adds texture to the outfit because I stayed really neutral with the colors in the outfit. 
Have you heard of Lovesick before? Do you like the cold shoulder trend? 
Thank you for reading, I hope you have a fantastic day!

XOXO - Nina
{Don't forget to Follow}

2 comments :

  1. First of all, I love this outfit and want it for myself. Your styling is seriously on point. It's feminine and girly, which I love. But you also have a gift for making outfits look effortless and cool and fresh. I could use some help in the "cool" department for sure. lol

    Second - I LOVE that Lovesick has a brick and mortar presence. What a revelation! I'll have to check and see if there's one near me, or at least look at the website. And I appreciate all of your sizing tips too! Thanks, Nina!

    <3 Liz
    www.withwonderandwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz, when I put this outfit together I thought of you and I thought it would be something that you might like! But yeah I'm happy that they have an actual store I can go to and try things on, it's another store I can shop at that I know I can fit into the clothes.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...