Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Top 10 Distressed Denim DIY's with Annette of Xtra Lush

Hey Friends!!!
So I'm excited because today's blog is a little different, I have a guest blogger, Annette from Xtra Lush and she's sharing her top 10 distressed denim DIY's with you. So show her some love and I hope you enjoy her post! Don't forget to check out her blog as well, PS it's also her birthday today so wish her a Happy Birthday! 
Hi! Annette here from Xtra Lush, a plus size fashion, travel and lifestyle blog. I've been following Curvy Mod for a while and have always loved Nina's classic yet flirty style. We also have a lot of similar goals for our blogs, so I decided to reach out to her via Instagram and ask if we could collaborate! I'm super excited to be a guest blogger on Curvy Mod and can't wait to share my top 10 Distressed Denim DIY's with you.

Distressed Denim is a wardrobe staple. From light distressing to tears and holes, this edgy detail continues to be a major trend. With summer quickly approaching, shorts season is upon us and what's easier than taking a pair of your worn in jeans and turning them into shorts? I've scoured the web and found the best and easiest denim DIY's. You can see my favorites below and even more inspo on my Pinterest


The Perfect Distress

Nadia in High Low Shorts

This High-Low Hem look from Swell Mayde was the go-to look last summer and is back again. Plus you get a little more coverage in the back with this style. 
This Distressed Hem look from a pair & a spare is simple and classic with a bit of an edge. I like how these shorts are cuffed, so you can leave a little more length. 
If shorts aren't for you, try this Frayed Hem look from Refinery 29. Not only is this style all over the the runway and available at every retailer near you. It's the perfect solution for a pair of jeans that are just a bit too long. 
I love the exposed pockets on these Distressed Denim Shorts from Swell Mayde

Beauticurve in Distressed Denim 

Dare to bare a little leg in this Ripped and Torn DIY from StyleCaster

The Details


This simple Sashiko Stitch DIY from Free People adds texture and a unique design aesthetic to jeans or shorts. 
Add some sophistication to your jeans with this Pearl Embellished DIY from Love Maegan

Gabi Fresh in Stars Shorts

If you're looking for a way to add  an artistic flair to your style, but you aren't an artist, try a stencil! These Stenciled Shorts from Because I'm Addicted are a purrrfect example. (Sorry, I had to!) 
Sparkle and shine in these Sequin Embellished Denim Shorts from a pair & a spare 

These Scalloped Hem Shorts from Free People are sweet, romantic and so easy to make! You'll definitely catch me sporting these this summer. 

What's your favorite pair? Have you ever tried distressing your own denim? Let us know in the comments below! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...