Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Inspired by Taylor Swifts Grammy Outfit

Happy March Everyone!
Did you guys watch the Grammy's? I know it was a few weeks back but I love the Grammy's because it a fun awards show to watch and the fashion is also fun. I love watching the red carpet and one of my favorites in general is Taylor Swift so when I saw her on the red carpet I was inspired to create an outfit. 
Photo from pinterest (here)
So I was inspired by the hot pink skirt and the orange bandeau that Taylor Swift is wear above. I've been wanting to wear more color and trying to find inspiration in everything, so I figure since I love Taylor and this color combo really spoke to me I thought why not. So inspired by Taylor's look I didn't want to recreate it but I wanted something more wearable and more me, also where would I wear a long gown to, I'm not that fancy! hehe 
Now in the pictures my skirt looks kind of orange, I'm not sure why it looks this way but I tried brightening and darkening it but it still looks orange but I swear the skirt is like a hot pink color. I wore it in another post (here) and it looks more like the hot pink color that it is. 
So I wanted to try something different, the whole wear a jacket on my shoulders look, and as much as it looks cool it's actually really hard to wear. The jacket kept falling off my shoulders, I don't know how those bloggers do it. I have broad shoulders so maybe that's why it doesn't work for me or maybe it needs to be an over sized jacket. Anyone try this? What do you think about it?
[Jacket & Shoes:Old Navy] [Skirt:Target] [Top:Forever 21+]
To put the outfit together I decided to wear a jean jacket because it was kind of chilly that day and I think ties everything together well. I think jackets are a great way to tie an outfit together and jean jackets are my favorite thing to wear in the spring when it's warmer but still gets cold. 
Do you watch award shows? Do you have a favorite red carpet look so far? Thanks for reading! 

XOXO - Nina
{Don't forget to Follow}

8 comments :

  1. Great inspiration, and I love you colorful combo!! As for the jacket on the shoulders thing, I have done it for some photos. I think it looks cool too. I have never done it in real life because the jacket just doesn't stay on very well. I have big arms so that may be part of it, but I would think if you move much at all, it's going off. Maybe an oversized jacket would work, but then it may not look that great on. You find the answer, please let me know!!

    Cassie
    http://stylecassentials.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Cassie! I will be sure to let you know if I ever find out how people wear them! :)

      Delete
  2. Wow Nina! I know what a TS fan you are and I love how you took inspiration from her look. You look amazing! As far as the jacket over the shoulders thing, I have done it in photos, and in real life, I can only do it when I am sitting. A lot of the time I do it when we are easting dinner outside and it gets a little chilly, then as soon as I stand up and move I have to slip it on my arms.

    Janeane
    www.designingfrommycloset.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Janeane, and actually I have done it when I'm cold but don't want to actually wear my jacket but it does still slip if I even move a little. So I dont know if people actually do it in real life! lol

      Delete
  3. I'm really loving your recent outfit posts inspired by different shows and celebrities. This is a great example of taking a red carpet look and using it to inspire an everyday outfit. I'm seeing the combination of red and blue everywhere this spring, and here you are doing it too! It's funny because I always associated it with Independence Day, but now I'm seeing it worn in totally approachable, fresh, and exciting ways. I love it! This outfit is cool and hot at the same time. Love love love, Nina! You look so sassy and glam!

    <3 Liz
    www.withwonderandwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz, I've been trying really hard to wear more color so I'm trying to find inspiration everywhere I can! :)

      Delete
  4. I love the colors of Swifty's outfit, but I do not like the bandeau top. You, however, look AMAZING! I love that you pulled inspiration from this look and made it something so cute and sexy. I also love that your top has interest in color and pattern to ad some extra color and pull everything together. I love this!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hailey, yeah I don't think I could wear what taylor swift is wearing but I'm glad I came up something that is more me and more wearable! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...