Monday, April 28, 2014

FWSD Spring Showcase, designer A'doreus

Hello Everyone! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! 
This past weekend I went to Fashion Week San Diego's spring showcase and I want to share with you my experience there on today's blog. I hope you enjoy!

So I was invited to attend FWSD's spring showcase by the Sharlene the designer of A'doreus, who is the only plus size designer for FWSD. So when she invited me I knew I wanted to go and support her. Above is my outfit of the night, I didn't really get to take outfit pictures, this is the only one that I got and sorry for the quality, I used my phone to take with all my pictures because I didn't want to lug around my DSLR. 
So the picture above is of Sharlene the designer of A'doreus and myself. It was nice to finally meet her because I met her online through the pinay curvies group and I talked to her on the phone when I told her that I would love to attend the show case. The spring showcase is where the designers who are showing at FWSD are able to show one piece from there upcoming lines that will be shown at FWSD in October. 

She was displaying her past collection, this was her collection from last years Fashion Week San Diego's show and in the back was a few from her first every collection. She has been doing FWSD for 3 years now. She told me she worked with a local artist to create the printed fabric you see in her designs from last year. She told me she even created the print by using an app on her phone and then sent it out for someone to print it out on fabric for her. I thought that was really cool. 

(picture credit from A'doreus website)
Here's a picture of her last collection on actual models, so that you can see how it looks on people and you can see them a little better. If you want to see the collection more you can check out her website here
At the show I was happy to see Marie Denee (The Curvy Fashionista) there. I met her before at the Wet seal + opening, so it was nice to see her again. Not to mention she looked Fabulous in her outfit. By the way I have to say that my outfit was totally inspired by her video "Don't knock it till you Rock it" because I didn't think I could pull off the top I'm wearing but I really fell in love with it when I saw it so I tried it on just to try and I ended up loving it. 
So last but not least here is a video from the fashion show and A'doreus piece was the first one to go down the runway and I think her model rocked the runway! This is my first time using video on my blog, sorry if it's bad quality it's from my phone. But yeah, Sharlene told me that this year she is going for something that isn't so busy and doing black and gold since her collection last year had lots of print. 

Thanks for reading, I know this blog is a little different but I wanted to share with you my experience and I hope you enjoyed it. :) 


XOXO ~ Nina ~
{Don't forget to Follow}

10 comments :

  1. This is a great experience dear.. i envy you because i didn't attended the Philippine Fashion Week last year because lack of time ;) thanks for always visiting my blog honey. ♥♥♥

    cassiecadiz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great experience, I had a lot of fun! Hopefully you could go this year, I'm sure you will enjoy yourself. And no problem my dear! :)

      Delete
  2. Looks fun! I wish there were some cool fashion shows here, I don't really see any like that, or by the time I know about them it's too late :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun, yeah I don't usually get invited to things like this so I was happy to be able to attend. I'm sure there are shows near you, just have to look! :)

      Delete
  3. Great show ,some gorgeous pieces by the designer. Thats so great you got to meet Marie. She seems lovely! Where is your top from? xx

    Stylemecurvy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes there was some great pieces, I can't wait to see her whole collection in October and yes Marie is so nice, I look up to her a lot. Oh and the top is from H&M! :)

      Delete
  4. What a fun time, and how awesome that you wore a top outside of your comfort zone! I love the top, and of the course the skirt as well!

    The dress from A'doreus was amazing. LOVE that high slit! So sexay!!! :-)
    And awesome that you got to see Marie again!

    Please share more of these experiences as they come about.

    Cassie
    http://stylecassentials.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks Cassie, I'm glad you enjoyed this post, I will for sure share more if they come along! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...