Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Curves Around the World: Sweatpants

Hello Lovelies!!! 
I hope everyone is having a wonderful week! Christmas is seriously around the corner and I've been running around getting things ready. But I absolutely love Christmas season, it just makes me so happy! 
But yeah it's that time again another "Curves Around the World" post time! This weeks theme was suggested by the lovely Thulie, sweatpants! Your probably thinking sweatpants really!?! And you know what it was my reaction at first too but then I thought of it as a great way to step out my comfort zone because I don't wear sweatpants as an outfit. Plus it's just the perfect time for sweatpants because it's been cold her in California! So hopefully I did this challenge justice! :) 
So here's the look that I came up with, I knew I wanted to dress up the sweatpants. The first thing I knew I wanted to add to the outfit was black heels because black heels can dress up any outfit. I actually had my pants rolled down at first but then it looked bulky around the heels so I pulled them up a bit and I really liked how it came out. What do you think of my heels with sweatpants? 
{pants & tank - Old Navy} {Jacket - Ross} {Shoes & hat - Forever 21} 
I wanted to keep the top simple to pair with my sweatpants, so to add a little bit of flare I decided to wear my red faux leather bomber jacket. I haven't had an opportunity to wear this jacket this season, so I knew this would be a great time to pull it out and wear it. This jacket was a great find at Ross, it's really rare to find cute jackets in plus sizes at my Ross. So when I found this I knew I had to get it, plus it was only $20 and that's a great deal for a jacket. To top the outfit off I wore a sparkly beret to give it a little sparkle to the outfit! :) 

What do you think of my sweatpants outfit? Do you wear sweatpants out? 

Now don't forget to check out the other wonderful ladies from 
"Curves Around the World!!!" 

Aislynn from Denmark - Aislynn's World
Kate from Australia - Sparkles and Lace
Helen from England - Everyone Should Sparkle
Thulie from South Africa - Thick Fit and Fabulous 
Jennifer from Germany - Dressing These Curves

XOXO ~ Nina ~
{Don't forget to Follow}

16 comments :

  1. Another glam sweatpant girl! You ladies put me to shame in my gym clothes this week! I love ths...so cute! I like the cropped look with the heels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate, your look is great as well! :)

      Delete
  2. you have nailed it Nina - the mix of colours is amazing and you look gorgeous and confident too! great post - im need to steal that jacket, love it :)
    http://thickfitandfabulous.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Thulie that means a lot because I know this is your challenge, I wanted to do you justice! :)

      Delete
  3. I went with cropped sweats as well, though I think you pulled it off much better than I did. I really must learn to use more color. You look great :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ais, Oh I can't wait to see yours and I used to be the same way until i slowly started adding more colorful pieces and now I quite a few that I can mix and match with my black and white! :)

      Delete
  4. I have to admit that when I read "Sweatpants" was the theme this week, I crinkled my nose up at first. But I've gotta say, you ladies are doing what I would not think to do! I would basically be sporting my pajamas. Not cute. I wouldn't have even thought to pair sweats with heels and blazers or jackets. But it looks so hip and fun. You definitely have an urban, hip-hop kind of look going on here, but somehow the sequin beret works with it, too! And I think heels are the perfect choice. Heels make sweats sexy-casual instead of dumpy or strictly work-out gear. Thanks for the inspiration!

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz, trust me I thought the same way but I tried to push sweats to another level! :)

      Delete
  5. LOVE this look, Nina! Love the red moto jacket and the sparkly beret is so cute. Sweatpants can definitely be dressed up with heels when done right, which you did!

    Great job with this challenge. You should definitely wear this jacket more often. It looks great on you!

    Cassie
    http://stylecassentials.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cassie, yeah I love this jacket but it's hard for me to style it because it's so red. hehe

      Delete
  6. Love how you always do the theme full on.Very clever to roll them up to make them cropped.You look really happy and confident and pretty :) Oh and those heels are fab girl!

    ttp://everyoneshouldsparkle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so cute to wear your sweatpants with heels. I wasn't thinking about that before. Great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...