Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Curves Around the World: Signature Color

Hello lovelies! How is everyone doing? I hope your having a spectacular week so far! For me I'm trying to get used to daylight savings because now when I come home it's dark and I'm not used to it. I have to start taking my pictures on the weekends because it is too dark to take them when I come home.
But yes it's the middle of the week and you know what that means! "Curves Around the World" And this weeks theme is "Signature Color," and this was a little hard for me because for me a Signature Color is a color that you wear often and is your favorite color to wear. Well for me my favorite colors to wear and that I wear very often are the colors black and white. I know your probably thinking how boring but it's true I have a lot of colors in my closet but I feel the most comfortable in and that I wear the most is black and white. I just think it's really chic and when I have nothing to wear I look at my black and white clothing and will usually find something to wear. 
{Top and Skirt| Forever 21+} {Boots | Target}
So here it is I bring you a monochromatic look, this black skater skirt from forever 21+ is one of my favorites. I wore it so much during the summer and I was surprised that I never showed it on the blog. The fabric is pretty heavy so it will be a great skirt to wear for fall and winter with added tights. I love this white top because it fits really well, I usually have a hard time finding tops that fit me properly because I have wide shoulders and a lot of times shirts are really tight around my arms. But yeah I really do love black and white, you can catch me wearing either or on a daily basis. Plus black and white are a big part of my wardrobe which is probably why I wear it a lot. 
So I know I've mentioned this in a few posts already but I love boots and these are one of my favorites, I've had these boots for a awhile and I'm really sad they are starting to tear. I don't know about you but I have really big calves because I was a swimmer when I was younger and because of that I have really big calves. So finding boots that fit over my calves is a huge problem, I recently went to Ross and tried on some over the Knee boots and it wouldn't zip around my calves, which is my biggest problem finding boots. But when I find a pair that fit over my calves I get so excited this is one of my 2 pairs that I have that go over my calves. But I'm not going to lie they are really tight, there suppose to be slouchy boots, but who cares I can wear them however I want to. So for me I can only wear them with bare legs, tights or leggings. I'm still on the hunt to find boots I can actually wear with jeans so I'm on the lookout for some wide calf boot, I know forever 21+ has some up on the website but I really want to try them on so I'm waiting for them to go in stores. The reason why I want to try them on is because last year I tried on one of there wide width boots and they didn't fit on my calves, so I want to try them one and see if they fit properly. :) 

Well that's my signature color. What are your signature colors?  

Now don't forget to check out the other wonderful ladies from "Curves Around the World!!!" and their signature colors!

Kate from Australia - Sparkles and Lace
Helen from England - Everyone Should Sparkle
Thulie from South Africa - Thick Fit and Fabulous 
Aislynn from Denmark - Aislynn's World

XOXO ~ Nina ~
{Don't forget to Follow}

14 comments :

  1. Super cute outfit Nina! I'm with you on the black and white... and love the boots!
    ~Pau
    www.lilbitsofchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its such a cute, fresh fun look! I love black and white and you are so right it is very chic! I need some knee high boots on my life! You wear them with style :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nina this is classy- you look spectacular!!! Black and White are great colours and you wear them beautifully - knee hi boots are a must have but my calves don't agree, lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Thulie, trust me I know what you mean about boots, these barely go over my calves.

      Delete
  4. love it! my signature color is red. everyone says they love it on me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I think red is a great color on you Elle! :)

      Delete
  5. Black and white in the same outfit has been stylish for years and there's a reason for that; somehow I don't see the combination going out of fashion anytime soon. This look is fantastic, not boring at all :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love black and white...will always be my favorite combo. It's forever chic and cool, while still being classic.

    You look great, and I love the grey boots!

    Cassie
    http://styelcassentials.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this is one of my favourite outfits you have done so far! It's fun and feminine but so classy and monochrome is uber chic. Oh and I hate daylight saving time too. It gets dark here by 5pm :(

    http://everyoneshouldsparkle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen! Yeah I hate how it get's dark by 5pm!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...