Hello Lovelies! I hope everyone is having a wonderful day so far! I don't know about you but I'm ready for fall/winter already but I think it's because it's my favorite time of the year because I love to wear layers, scarves and hats.
So, have any of you been to the mall recently? There are so many sales going on, I don't know about you but I love great deals! But shopping these clearances can be overwhelming especially seeing all the racks of different clothes. I know a lot of people who hate digging through the racks of clothes and they rather buy thing at regular price but I think of it as a treasure hunt because you never know the gems you can find. I know when I am looking through all these different clothes, I might go overboard and start getting everything that is my size. But when picking the clothes I am going to purchase I always keep in mind a few things so I don't buy everything that fits. Here are a few things you might think of when you shop sales as well.
1. What are the current trends because if the clothes are something outdated later on your not going to want to wear it. I've done this before in the past and those pieces of clothing end up going to the goodwill because I end up not wearing them.
2. What season is it going to be, I know there are so many summer clothes on sale right now but the reality is that fall is just around the corner so some of those super bright sleeveless tops wouldn't be practical to buy because I wont be using them for that long.
3. Does the piece go with your wardrobe? Because really if you get this awesome piece on sale but it doesn't go with other pieces in your wardrobe then you don't really need it.
4. Look for classics - I say these because if you can find things that will always be in trend like a little black dress, a nice coat or some great basics like tanks for layering. If you get find these things they could be things you could wear for a long time or wear often.
5. Just like this sign says "Grab it, tomorrow it might be gone forever" My mom always says this to me because if I like something I always say I'll get it next time and when it's next time it's gone already. So if you like something get it and don't wait till next time. Remember shopping sales are like a treasure hunt so if you find a gem, you never know when someone will grab it from you.
If you keep some of those in mind you will find some great things. So now onto my haul.
So Forever 21 had a sale for an extra 30% off sale items and they a had a rack of Forever 21+ clothes and I was super excited because I love Forever 21+. So I had to keep in mind the rules above because there were so many bright colored sleeveless tanks that I was so tempted to buy but I'm really glad with the two items I got.
This first item is a long sleeve shirt that's black and white with studs on the collar. I got this because I know it will be a great item for fall/winter because it's still on trend and the long sleeves with be great for the cooler weather. The price of this was $16.99 minus the 30% so I got it for $11.99 which I think is pretty good for a long sleeve top.
This next item is a red faux leather skirt and I know leather is a great staple for fall and I'm loving how it's red. I know in the picture it's a little wrinkled,I just need to steam out the wrinkles and it's good to go. This skirt was $9.99 minus the extra 30% off it came out to $6.99 great deal for a faux leather skirt.
These boots above are from Target, I've been wanting a pair of new ankle boots and when I saw these on sale I knew I had to get them and I would be able to wear them during the fall with tights and skirts. Plus I love how it has stud on them, a great trend that was on the runway for fall. These were $17.95 and I wanted to wait till they got cheaper but my mom said these were the only size so I might as well just get them now.
Lastly these gold tip shoes were on clearance for 50% off at a store called "Call it Spring" and I was just in Forever 21 looking at shoes were exactly the same that were on display but were twice the price. So I thought it was a great deal for $15 from the original $30.
Do you like Shopping Sales? If you do what are some of your tips or secrets to shopping sales?
Have a wonderful weekend!