Friday, August 30, 2013

Wet Seal Plus

Hey lovelies! I hope your all have a wonderful weekend, and the ones in the US I hope your enjoying your 3 day holiday. 

Well I wanted to tell you that I went to Wet Seal in Brea yesterday for the opening of there Plus size line. Let me tell you wanted to go but I'm really a shy person and I have a hard time going to new things because I get very nervous. So I tried to invite some of my friends to go with me, just so I can feel more comfortable but they all had things to do. So I decided to concur my fear and just go because I really wanted to meet some of the great curvy bloggers from LA. 

So I decided to suck it up and concur my fear and go! I'm so happy I went because it was great to go to such an event and to see the new plus size clothes from Wet Seal and I also met two great Curvy Fashionistas that I have admired for awhile. I wasn't able to stay that long because I had a family dinner but I'm still really happy I went and I'm really proud of myself too! I think it's ok to be proud of yourself especially when you did something you were scared to do.


This was the front of the store!

This was the inside of the store, all the plus sizes were on one side of the store and they had some refreshments there. 
These are the two Curvy ladies that I admire a lot 
Marie Denee (The Curvy Fashionista) and Marcy Guevara (The Marcy Minute)

They were so nice and Marie told me I was so shy and it's true I really am. It's something I've always struggled with. When I'm with people I know I'm not shy at all but when I meet new people and it's a new environment I get so nervous and am so shy. But I'm trying to get it over this, just like loving myself I'm taking it one step at a time. 
So If your wondering what I bought, I got this shirt with a skull on it. There were a lot of things that I thought were cute and I wanted but when I saw this, I really liked it and was thinking that it would be a great piece for fall and winter. There are a few other items that I really liked but wasn't able to get because I don't have lots of money. hehe :) But yeah I got my eye on a few items, so if I get some extra cash I might just get them! I tried to take pictures of the items but they came out blurry.
They also gave out some gift bags for the first 50 people there and I happened to get one. This is what was in the bag, they had a cute wet seal tumbler with chocolate in it, a crochet beanie and a journal. 

So yeah I'm really happy I went, it was a good experience for me. But yeah I'm really happy there is another store that I can go to for plus size clothing because there is such a limited amount of stores that you can choose from. So I'm always glad to add new stores to my list! :) 

XOXO Nina
{Don't forget to Follow Me}

10 comments :

  1. you dont strike me as a shy person nina ^^ my first impression of you was someone with a strong brave and bubbly personality. just wanna encourage you on how you are conquering your fears :) everyone gets scared but only few choose to fight it :D PS. i like the skull top :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shayne, I can be that person, it's just when I meet new people I'm super shy! But thanks for the encouragement! :)

      Delete
  2. you surely learnt a lot that you are stronger than you think and you are independent and have guts too - next time you think you cant do something refer back to this day cause you really made the impossible possible ... love your shirt :)

    http://thickfitandfabulous.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Thulie, that's great advice, I will think of that situations now for sure! :)

      Delete
  3. Yay for conquering more fears! I tend to be a little shy about putting myself out there around new people, so I can relate somewhat. I wonder if you met Karrie Brown? She's a young woman from my hometown who has Down Syndrome and autism. One of her dreams is to be a model, and Wet Seal actually flew her out to Cali for the opening of the plus-size store, a photo shoot, and more. I have a lot of respect for the company.

    Cassie
    http://stylecassentials.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cassie and yes I did see Karrie but when I got there she was leaving so I didn't really get to meet her but I read about what happened and I think it's really great what they did! :)

      Delete
  4. Well done for going to the event on your own. Is not easy but it will help you meet great people and you did!:) you should be really proud of yourself. Great to see the launch of a new store. Unfortunately its too far away for me!haha ;)

    Http://www.stylemecurvy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louise, yeah I'm really happy I went, it was a big step for me to get myself out there! :)

      Delete
  5. ooooo Lucky you!!! I LOVE that top! I would have come with you! :) Glad you had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Kate, I know if I went with you I would have had a blast! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...