Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Curves Around the World: Designer Inspired

Hey Friends!!!
So I know I've been a little MIA recently but I had family issues that I had to take care of. But I'm back and I'm catching up on some of my "Curves Around the World" posts. Today's blog is the theme from last week and all about being inspired by a certain designer. So for me I was inspired by Kate Spades Spring 2015 ready to wear runway. 
So Kate's spades spring 2015 ready to wear runway had lots of stripes and florals as well as green, blue and neutrals like black and white. 
The photo is from (here) I don't own the picture.
The outfit I put together was inspired by the line and also the picture above of Iris Apfel above. I really wish I had a shirt with a big bow on it but I didn't, so I had to make due with what I had. 
So I decided to go with green pants like Iris Apfel did in the Kate Spade spring ad and then I went with an abstract floral print top. I was going to just wear that but I felt like it needed something so I added a white jean jacket because I was inspired to wear this jacket more after seeing my blogger friend Liz from With Wonder and Whimsy wearing her's. 
I also though I would use my Kate Spade cross-body bag as a clutch since I was inspired by Kate Spade might as well use something I own by here. Also my watch is by Kate Spade as well. 
[Pants & Top:Target] [Jacket:Gap] [Shoes:Naturalizer] [Bag & Watch:Kate Spade]
Are there any designers that are inspiring you right now? 
Thank you for reading and don't forget to check out the other lovely ladies in the links below! 

Aislynn from Denmark - Aislynn's World
Kate from Australia - Sparkles and Lace
Thulie from South Africa - Thick Fit and Fabulous 
Olivia from Singapore - Curves Become Her
Jennifer from Germany - Dressing These Curves
Liz from Nashville, USA - With Wonder and Whimsy
Stephanie from Germany Dress it Curvy
Melissa from Northern California, USA - It's Melicious 

XOXO ~ Nina ~
{Don't forget to Follow}

5 comments :

  1. I love, love, love this look! I am so happy to see you back too Nina, you are one of my favorite bloggers. I hope all is well with you and your family. Lately, I feel like I have been inspired by non-fashion related items, like a piece of art or a crystal. Kate Spade is such a beautiful designer and love that you picked her to be inspired by. I love a white denim jacket. I sold mine because it was just too small and thought my white quilted jacket could fill the gap, but I find it to come off too dressy. Waa waa! Oh well. Good to see you back!

    Janeane
    Designing From My Closet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Janeane and I admire how you are inspired by non-fashion items, I need to get inspired again.

      Delete
  2. Happy to see your face, not to mention your colorful, Kate Spade-inspired outfit! I adore her designs, especially her whimsical bags. I think you captured her colorful, light-hearted aesthetic perfectly. And I'm so pleased to see you styling your white denim jacket after saying you wanted to give it a shot instead of always reaching for your regular denim jacket. The shade of those green pants is awesome, too. They seem like a pant you could wear year-round because that shade of green is always in season.

    <3 Liz
    www.withwonderandwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz, yeah I need to wear my white denim jacket more, it does go with a lot of things but I think it's just easier to reach for the jean jacket but I'm going to go with the white more often. Oh and the pants are great, I need to wear them more often too. hehe :)

      Delete
  3. Great inspiration, and I love the green and white together. It's such a crisp and pretty color combination. Your look is summery but also great for cooler days/nights because of the jean jacket.

    Cassie
    http://stylecassentials.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...