Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Curves Around the World: Statement Bag

Hello Lovelies!!!
I hope everyone is doing great! I'm certainly loving the 70 degree weather here in California compared to last week's heat wave that had us in 100 degree weather. I hope everyone is having a great weather where they are. Well it's that time again for another "Curves Around the World" post and this week's theme is "Statement Bag!" So I usually buy bags that are more versatile and I can use all the time because I don't like changing bags. So if you look at most of my bag they are pretty worn out because when I got them I used them all the time. But I do have a few bags that I use for special occasions, so I chose one of my favorites. 
So above is my favorite statement bag that I own. I got it from the Philippines a long time ago from a store called Kultura Filipino which is a part of a store called SM. I fell in love with the bag once I saw it, I loved that it was like the native bags from the Philippines but it was different because the usual native bags I see are usually neutral colors but it had patchwork of different colors which is different. I also loves that it was in a more modern shape of a clutch or can be worn as a bag. I really love that it's such a beautiful bag but it also represents my culture as well. 
Since the bag is so beautiful I wanted an outfit that was simple so that the bag would stand out and shine in its beauty and be a "statement bag!" I bought this beautiful pastel pink dress from Forever 21+ for a wedding I went to awhile and I thought it would be a great dress to wear with the bag. I absolutely love this dress, it's so pretty and it fits me so well, I actually wanted to buy it in the other color but I stopped myself. But yeah I decided to wear a light sweater because it was a little chilly outside. I really love spring weather when it's not too hot and not too cold, it's just perfect. 
{Dress:Forever 21+} {Sweater:Old Navy}
{Shoes:Call it Spring}
{Bag:Kultura Filipino}
Thanks for reading, have a wonderful rest of the week!

Now don't forget to check out the other wonderful ladies from "Curves Around the World" and don't forget to show them some love. 

Aislynn from Denmark - Aislynn's World
Kate from Australia - Sparkles and Lace
Helen from England - Everyone Should Sparkle
Thulie from South Africa - Thick Fit and Fabulous 
Olivia from Singapore - Curves Become Her
Jennifer from Germany - Dressing These Curves

XOXO ~ Nina ~
{Don't forget to Follow}

12 comments :

  1. You're rockin' that short hair ate. Love that dress ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous outfit!!!!!! I love the details on the belt!! :) Your bag is stunning!! I can see why you chose it for this post. I am so envious how fabulous you look in white!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate, I think you would great in white as well! :)

      Delete
  3. Nina you look beautiful! So feminine and sophisticated! So pretty!! I love the shape and colours of that bag.

    http://everyoneshouldsparkle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great, Nina!!! Love the soft pink lace dress! How awesome that the bag you chose has some meaning for you! It's cute and looks like you could wear it with a lot of different colors because of the patchwork! :-)
    Cassie
    http://stylecassentials.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cassie, yeah I think the dress could go with a lot of different colors! :)

      Delete
  5. Great choice Nina, you were totally right to pair it with something soft like that forever 21 dress. So pretty and the bag really makes a statement!

    Http://www.stylemecurvy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louise, yay I'm glad you liked my choice! :)

      Delete
  6. OMG! Stop it!!! I am loving everything you're wearing these last few posts, and you're positively glowing. And you're wearing pink. And white. And look like a goddess. All of the things I want and love. And I'm in my sweats, eating stew, and watching whale documentaries. lol I need to get it together! Is this dress currently at Forever21+? I think I saw it online. And now I think I need it. In addition to a white lace dress (thanks to your last post). And a floral printed kimono (thanks to your post before that). You are totally inspiring me right now!

    <3 Liz
    www.withwonderandwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awe thanks Liz and I totally had a feeling you would like this outfit because of the pink and the lace. The last time I checked the website it was still available so you better get the dress before it gets sold out! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...