Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Curves Around the World: Lace

Hey Everyone, I hope your week is going well! It's that time of the week for another Theme from the girls from Curves around the world! Last weeks theme was Animal print and below is a banner of all the fabulous women from our blog group and what they wore during last weeks challenge. 




This weeks theme was Lace, I had a few things to choose from but I decided to choose my first maxi dress I've ever gotten. I always thought I could never wear a maxi dress because I'm a short girl but I saw this maxi dress from forever 21+ and thought it wasn't so bad on me, plus it was on sale so I was like why not. The only problem was that it was really long on me but I figured that I can always put a belt on and pull it up to make it a little shorter on me. 

 {dress |F21+} {Sweater & sunglasses|F21} {shoes|H&M} {bag|Aldo} {necklace|Macy's}

This day I went to Santa Monica with my friends and it was pretty fun. I have to tell you I was able to conquer my fear of Ferris wheels, I really hate heights so I've never been on one before. But I said it's time to conquer my fear and I know my friends will be there to help me through it. And I'm so happy they were there for me, I really don't think I would have done it without them!l :) See the picture below, I am very nervous I'm gripping to the sides, and this is actually when we weren't moving yet but we were half way up. haha
"Fear is not real. It is a product of thoughts you create. Do not misunderstand me. Danger is very real. But fear is a choice." - movie After Earth

After Santa Monica my friends and I went to watch a movie at the Hollywood cemetery. We were suppose to do this our last LA trip but it was sold out that day. So this time we prepared and got our tickets ahead of time and came early, but let me tell you there was so many people there. Last time they said there was about 3,000 people there and it was sold out, this time it was sold out as well. It's really a fun experience, you can bring your own food and blankets and you can even bring wine and alcohol if you want. The movie we watched was "Some like it hot" with Marilyn Monroe and it was my first time ever watching one of her movies, and I have to say I really enjoyed the movie! :)

Here's a picture from the photo booth that they had. It was really a fun experience, it's definitely something I recommend and If you go with a group of friends I'm sure you will have lots of fun! :) 

Don't forget to check out the rest of the wonderful ladies from Curves Around the World, I'm sure each one of them has an awesome lace outfit! 

Kate from Australia - Sparkles and Lace
Laura from Canada - Lavish Laura
Helen from England - Everyone Should Sparkle
Thulie from South Africa - Thick fit and Fabulous

Well I hope you all have a great rest of the week! ~Nina~
{Follow Me}

16 comments :

  1. ahha I had look at the last picture twice to figure out what was going on ^_^ The maxi dress looks great on you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elle and yeah I added that picture because I thought it was so fun. hehe

      Delete
  2. That dress is amazing! I love sheer black lace, and maxi dresses, and I really like it when they join forces. Haha.
    That sounds like an awesome day! I haven't been to Santa Monica in years, and I've never been on the ferris wheel. I regret that choice now.
    Either way, you look great, and that last picture absolutely cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah, you still have time to go on a Ferris wheel, you can do it! And yeah that last picture was so much fun. You should see the other pictures people took, so funny! hehe :)

      Delete
  3. Great selection hun! It is really elegant.... love how you styled it with the sweater... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that dress! It's so perfect! I've never seen anything like it.
    Kerri at HollyMuffin

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so cute, Nina! :D I'm a fan of that dress too!

    Abi
    http://thebelatedbloomer.blogspot.com
    twitter and instagram: @BelatedBloomer

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so cute gal ... that dress, my god: you are rocking it big time. Great post Nina.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a cute and lovely outfit :) Following you :)

    www.beautyfrontline.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This dress looks great on you! The black with the pops of colour from the necklace and your cardigan is great. Such a cute outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen, yeah I didn't want to wear all black so i added the color in there. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...